Hello. I watched the video on Youtube about making elixirs and was a little confused... I realize there's two school of thoughts of either having them just touch the glass or be physically inside the water (if the crystals are not toxic and/or can withstand the water). Can you clarify the following?
1) Do the crystals need to be cleared and charged prior to making the elixirs?
2) When making the elixirs, do I place them out in the sun, with the glass of water? I know that some crystals fade so they should only be out 15-30 mins.
3) Where should you store your water?
4) How long would it last?
5) With the new moon coming out, the elixirs can be made with that, as well, right? but if I'm clearing and charging my stones, can I be making this elixir at the same time or should I just clear them the first night and then make the elixirs the following evening?
Another question about grids- how long should you left your grid stand before taking it down? Is there a ritual to taking it down? Thank you for your help with this.
Thank you for your inquiries.
1. Yes, you should clean/clear your crystals before creating an elixir. You don't have to charge them if you would like to impart the crystal's general properties, or you can charge them with a specific affirmation or intent.
2. You do not need to place them in the sun while you charge the water, but many people think that it helps. You could also charge the water with moonlight if you are concerned about fading.
3. You can store your water in room temperature. I like to have drinking water (Shungite elixir) in a pitcher in the refrigerator.
4. You should drink your water within 24 hours, as it will start to lose it's charge fairly soon after you remove the crystals. Some think it should be consumed right away or within a few hours.
5. Yes, you can make elixirs with the new moon, particularly if you want them charged with the energy of renewal and starting new.
Here is our reference page on crystal grids.
You can leave them up for as long as you deem necessary, or perhaps a full moon cycle, depending on the intent.