- CATALOG SLIDESHOW
- Crystal Jewelry
- Cut & Polished Crystals
- Natural Crystals & Minerals
- Tumbled Stones
- Guides & Resources
- Featured Articles
- General Articles
|Much appreciated info, as well as the comment from caligal about letting pets have a choice. Very good thoughts . (Submitted by: Susanlj on February 04, 2020)|
|(Submitted by: Caligal on April 26, 2017)|
| While, as a practicing crystal healer, believe that crystals do benefit our furry and feathery friends I would caution the use of crystals attached to our pets such as those you suggest attaching to the collars. We do not fully understand a pets sensitivity to crystals. They are much more intune with the world and its energetic forces then we, as humans are. If we feel that a crystal is not working for us, or we feel "off" in some way with certain crystals, we can walk away from them. Attaching a crystal or stone to a collar of a pet does not give that pet the freedom to just "walk away" from a crystal that might not be energetically intune with them. I would encourage you to stop recommending this as a form of exposing our pets to crystals.|
The same holds true for placing them under their bedding. Instead, I advise my clients (several of whom seek me out for healing their pets) to take these steps:
1. Lay out several crystals near your pets. Observe them carefully to make sure they do not try to eat them and also to see which crystals seem to attract them. Many times I have had pets begin to lick or "play" with a crystal.
2. Once you have ascertained which crystals your pet is drawn to, place them in an area within a few feet of where they sleep, play or relax. Keep an eye on them to see how they react.
3. If they seem to continue using this area as they normally do, leave the crystals there out of reach of their mouths.If, however, you see them beginning to shy away from the area or perhaps lay as far from the crystal as possible, you will want to remove that stone or crystal, cleanse the area and try again with another stone.
4. Never, NEVER attach a stone or crystal to a pets collar. Subjecting them to unwanted energies can and is detrimental to their sense of security and could also be detrimental to their mental and physical health.
Crystals do not have to be attached to us (or our pets) in order for us to benefit from them. We all exert an energetic field that encircles us several feet out. The same is true for crystals. we only need to be within feet of the crystals or even in the same room to enjoy their benefits.
Please don't force a pet to accept a crystal, they are aware and sentient beings which should be allowed to choose which crystals they are in tune with. Sadly they are unable to tell us verbally if a crystal does not feel "right" to them. We must observe them carefully for signs that indicate whether a crystal will benefit them or not. Just like us, not all crystals work in the same way for every pet.
Thank you. (Submitted by: Leelee on February 12, 2016)
| Thank you for your comments on this. I do have one crystal my dog won't lick and I never looked at it that way. That is a great suggestion. |
My dog has congestive heart disease and was given 30 days to live. He has worn a tiny rose quartz crystal on his collar every sense that diagnosis and has lived 2 years! He also recently started wearing a small amethyst. He has done very well with his crystals and likes putting his collar on. I believe they have helped him. (Submitted by: hstrode on February 15, 2016)
|(Submitted by: Sibel on May 27, 2014)|
|Love your site! I am learning lots! Thank you! (Submitted by: leigh33ca on May 26, 2014)|
|I love your page!! (Submitted by: Christine on February 20, 2014)|
|Awesome!! Love this article, very informative. (Submitted by: Alisa E on July 31, 2012)|
|Thank you for the helpful tips regarding crystal therapy with animals. We've been having a lot of issues with one of our cats and litter box usage (and we have been to the vet); I'm going to pick up the leopard skin jasper ASAP. Thank you again! (Submitted by: The Art Teacher on March 12, 2012)|