Account / Sign In   |         / More   |    FAQ   |    Contact Us
X
  • There are currently no items in your Shopping Bag.
(0)

$3.00 Flat Rate Shipping & Free Returns        Most Orders Shipped Next Business Day        Ask a Question or Place an Order 703-828-4325        We have candles and incense too!
Articles Comments for:  Crystal Safeguards
  Great ! Helpful info! Thank you very much! A lot of important facts I've learned today about certain crystals!  (Submitted by: KathyR on October 12, 2016)
  Very useful and timely information. Thank you.  (Submitted by: Chavah on August 25, 2016)
  Thank You this information has been very helpful  (Submitted by: Brenda Charles on January 09, 2016)
  I'm writing to suggest an urgent addition to your excellent "Crystal Safeguards" list.

I've been an avid mineral collector and lapidary since the 1960's.
You mentioned, very correctly, that the mineral "Conichalcite" contains toxic levels of copper. It also contains something far more dangerous - Arsenic! Conichalcite is Calcium Copper Arsenate Hydroxide. The average composition of the natural form of this mineral includes more than 28% Arsenic by weight. It should be handled only with gloves. One must be very careful not to breathe or ingest the dust.
How dangerous is it? Accidental ingestion of 2 grams of this mineral could kill an adult. (Physical injury can occur from much lower exposure.)

One last word... Conichalcite is sometimes found in small quantities in both Malachite and Chrysocolla. If you see a bright, grass-green or yellowish green layer in your Malachite or Chrysocolla specimens, or if you see crystals or crusts of either color associated with -any- mineral, please err on the side of caution!

Thanks for listening!
-Peter  (Submitted by: Peter Steiner on June 04, 2015)
  Good information Iam glad I read this article because I was wondering where the smell was coming from after running water over my stones now I know to wash up after handling the stones .  (Submitted by: Patricia H on March 05, 2015)
  Excellent information on the cautions to observe when handling minerals and crystals.  (Submitted by: wolfendreams on November 05, 2014)
  Thank you for providing the list of toxic crystals as a Certified Crystal Healer, your list is very handy. Crystal Blessings, Susan Moore  (Submitted by: Susan M on February 23, 2015)
    (Submitted by: Janine on July 11, 2014)
    (Submitted by: amanda jean simmons on June 09, 2014)
  Thank you for this information, I work with stones and crystals on a daily basis.  (Submitted by: Nancey on May 29, 2014)
    (Submitted by: orgina on May 28, 2014)
    (Submitted by: Jill on April 10, 2014)
  Thank you so much for this information it was very helpful  (Submitted by: carin on March 29, 2014)
  So very happy to see this type of information being made accessible to new comers. I have been working with crystals, elixirs , and
therapies for a long time, and always in my classes warn people about using some crystals. Thanks for being so informative.  (Submitted by: Terry on March 14, 2014)
  Thank you very much. It is very informative..
Marilyn Maracle  (Submitted by: Marilyn M on February 21, 2014)
  Extremely informative, I have never made any elixir by fear of choosing the wrong toxic crystals, now thanks to that list, it gives me more confidence to try it with some stones one day :)  (Submitted by: Yamina on February 11, 2014)
  This is powerful information to have as the knowledge of gemstone therapy becomes more popular as a natural healing paradigm. Everyone needs to know how to safely use the gifts of Nature. Gemstones and crystals are considered as "ORIGINAL MEDICINE" because they were used in ancient times for physical, mental and emotional challenges along with other natural therapies.  (Submitted by: Dr. Schavi M. Ali, Ph.D. on February 08, 2014)
    (Submitted by: Jill on February 04, 2014)
  This is an informative ,excellent article .  (Submitted by: Claudette M on January 21, 2014)
  This article is very informative. Thank you for time and effort expended to share.  (Submitted by: Gwendolyn J on January 05, 2014)
  Thank you, Thank you, this is the first time I have seen this issue addressed. Very very informative. Your site is one of the finest I have had
the privilege to read.  (Submitted by: Barbara on December 11, 2013)
  very informative site  (Submitted by: jade on October 31, 2013)
  In all my years of dealing with stones, no one, other than vocally, has addressed this information. Bravo!!! Extremely well done!  (Submitted by: Cherri on October 11, 2013)
  I have never seen this addresed, before....thank you soo much!  (Submitted by: Mary S on September 29, 2013)
  Very good information, especially for a newbie! :-)  (Submitted by: Cyndee on September 10, 2013)
  Good to be responsible. Thank you for this information.  (Submitted by: Kat V on September 07, 2013)
    (Submitted by: shaz on August 01, 2013)
  new to the healing powers of crystals and fascinated by the power. This list is very helpful  (Submitted by: Tearesa D on March 17, 2013)
  thank you very much.. very helpful indeed:)  (Submitted by: Nokomis on April 11, 2013)
    (Submitted by: maggi greeley on January 25, 2013)
    (Submitted by: HedgeWife on January 20, 2013)
  I am very impressed with this list as I have often thought of making elixirs with my stones in the past. This is something to think about.
Thank you for the info.  (Submitted by: Nicole L on January 20, 2013)
    (Submitted by: Pamela Galvin on January 07, 2013)
  Super helpful list. Thank you!  (Submitted by: sweetbombeet on January 04, 2013)
  I really never thought about what these rocks contain thank you for this info. Better safe than sorry.
Helen  (Submitted by: Helen on November 30, 2012)
  Dope page! Thank you so much for the helpful information.  (Submitted by: JedLi on November 12, 2012)
  Fantastic informaton thanks sooo much hunni brillianty website best ever 5 stars if u had 5 xdx  (Submitted by: female39 on October 07, 2012)
  I totally enjoy your site. I am new to the use of the stone peoples. I want to learn how to use them properly, and what each one could help me. I have looked at so many sites and there was allways a feeling of something empty to me. I came across your site this evening and had a great feeling come over me. I have found everything I was interested in! And at a price I can afford!!! Due to my limited income I will be able to start ordering a couple at a time!! I'm so excited ! Thank You so much !! Also I have never ever seen a site that warned of toxcitity in the stones! Not even in books !! Again Thank You!!
Mrs Pat Garcia  (Submitted by: Pat Garcia on September 13, 2012)
  Awesome ... very helpful.

Thank you!!!  (Submitted by: Kat on August 30, 2012)
  This is excellent information. Thank you for sharing  (Submitted by: angelartist on August 28, 2012)
    (Submitted by: Jay on August 20, 2012)
  I agree, this has been very informative. Thank you so much for letting us know that there are dangers as well as benefits from crystals. I am just starting to get into the healing power of crystals and really appreciate this information :) Many Thanx :)  (Submitted by: CrazyBaby on August 08, 2012)
  infomative  (Submitted by: Suman Khound on July 29, 2012)
  Just wanted to say a big thanks for this information. I've seen very little info of this type, except to mention it perhaps, in relation to using a particular stone in water. This is a much more comprehensive listing, and I'm grateful that I came across it.

Blessings,
Kate  (Submitted by: kate on June 09, 2012)
  This is a very handy list- definitely helpful on many levels. Most places just state that many crystals make great elixirs & to base it on their healing properties. Thank you for breaking it down and being clear!  (Submitted by: The Art Teacher on January 01, 2012)
  sorry i left out which stone. it was cinnibar, this stonecut my hand yesterday. i didn't feel any pain. why? if these are all toxic why do i feel fine and didnt originally or later have pain from the laceration it left on me?  (Submitted by: rye on October 26, 2010)
  It is in complete fear that this article is quite misleading on several counts.
It is often of benefit to the physical body to use some of these elements in a extremely small amount, not physically detectable, to clear some of these metals and elements from the body.
For example., minerals with aluminum content can assist in the removal of aluminum in the body.
Radioactive elements are also quite useful for many healing purposes.
When proper filtration is employed, meaning no physical parts remain in the solution for elixirs, there is no problem in my experience, 30 + years.
This article is based on the somewhat flawed view of the biochemical reality of the human body which has proven so harmful to bringing a body back into harmony.
We can not fear the vibration of stones and minerals, just because eating a pound raw can be hazardous.
Animals also have not been harmed by eating earth, water, and other supposed dirty substances.
Let's get over this worry of the unseen and show me verified reports of elixir poisoning.
For highly toxic substances, one can always use a double bowl method, whereby the stone does not come in direct contact with the water..
This is all fear that originates in Geology classes of being careful when handling certain stones, similar to the false fear of germs and bacteria.  (Submitted by: fred on August 11, 2010)
  Loved this article!!! Have been reading about stones and crystals for 45+ yrs. and have Never seen this particular information...particularly not all in one place!
Thanks so much for the helpful information!!

With much *Light,*
*Paula*  (Submitted by: *Paula* on July 04, 2010)
  i just found your site and found it quite enteresting i bought some stones and crystals cause i was told that serpentine was god for cats i was trying to find out how to use the stones and was thinking of putting it in their drinking water found your list and am soooo thankful cause i could of made my cats sick. i have other stones on your list also thanks for the info and i will put it on my fridge so others who are interested will know much love lydia  (Submitted by: LYDIA on May 01, 2010)
  BION I'm impsresed! Cool post!  (Submitted by: Sharky on August 28, 2011)
  Full of sailnet points. Don't stop believing or writing!  (Submitted by: Youngy on August 29, 2011)
  Do you sell orgonite?  (Submitted by: CrystalFan on April 24, 2010)
  Hi Crystal Fan!
Currently, we do not sell orgonite or orgonite products. However, our next newsletter is on orgonite and may provide some information or links that may be helpful to you.

Thank you so much for your comment!
with love and crystal blessings,
Kristi  (Submitted by: Kristi on April 26, 2010)
  Absolutely! We would love that!

The list was originally shared with us by Kristi, a member of the Healing Crystals team. We would love for you to freely pass this information to your clients!

For acknowledgments, here is all of the pertinent information. Use as much or as little as you need and word as you see fit.

Original list by Liz Gunther and Peggy Jentoff

Additions/corrections by Kristi Huggins

List published and provided by Kristi Huggins

List published on Healing Crystals

with love and crystal blessings,
Kristi  (Submitted by: Kristi on April 06, 2010)
  Hi there,
was wondering if I could republish this on my website - I have a retail crystal shop and a web shop. I have been cautioning my customers in a "general" way about elixir making and have until now -not found a comprehensive list of what to be most cautious about when doing so. My personal position was that elixirs are just not necessary to working with crystal energy and the idea of taking them into the body was unnecessary and potentially harmful. I would like to also distribut this list to clients - let me know if this is ok and what acknowledements you would require.
I am already on your newsletter list - and always find your articles both interesting,original and honest
thanks
susan  (Submitted by: WonderWoman on April 06, 2010)
  Thanks - wasn't aware of how many are that dangerous. And so many people just add stones to their drinking water to get the energy without checking! Good reference list.  (Submitted by: Yvonne on December 24, 2009)
  I found the article on crystal cautions very informative. I did not know some of the toxic compounds some of these chrystals have. I am always trying to be informed so that my pets do not get exposed to anything hazardous to they're health so some of these crystals will not be exposed. I also learned that some crystals lose their color when exposed to sunlight. Thank-you for this article! Is it allowed to be printed? Donna  (Submitted by: donna on November 23, 2009)

Copyright © 2017 HealingCrystals.com, owned and operated by Foundation for Balance and Harmony.