- CATALOG SLIDESHOW
- Crystal Jewelry
- Cut & Polished Crystals
- Natural Crystals & Minerals
- Tumbled Stones
- Guides & Resources
- Featured Articles
- General Articles
"What do you mean if the stones have aluminium? Is it bad for health? How about copper? I have stones that are high in copper and aluminium, does it mean I cannot wear them on my wrist and wash under running tap water and soap?
Can I know what is the content in shattukite? Is it dangerous to wear it since is high in copper? Does it contain chrysocolla, azurite and turquoise?
Is it advisable to piece different crystal together and make one bracelet? Example, lapis, moonstone, hemsonite, chrysocolla, aventurine, tourmaline, and many others."
Hi again Ei,
Thanks for reaching out to us.
Crystals can contain trace elements of metals. All sorts of minerals and metals make up a crystals composition.
It won't be bad for your health unless you are grinding and sniffing the crystal dust or licking your crystals, especially those considered toxic, and NEVER EVER leave toxic stones in water you intend to drink.
You can wear your toxic stones, especially if they are polished or tumbled as that offers some sort of protection from the toxic elements. You'll be fine. If it's natural pieces, I'd recommend to wash your hands after use.
When it comes to jewelry, water damage can happen with jewelry so it's always better to take them off and then do your body or hand washing. Just protects the jewelry from tarnishing or degrading over time.
If you want to know the chemical compositions of stones, make use of Mindat.org. You can search for any stone and it will tell you what it is composed of as well as if it's toxic.
Shattukite is a Copper Silicate Hydroxide. It doesn't contain Chrysocolla, Azurite or Turquoise but they can all grow together because copper minerals often do that. Read more about it here: Copper Minerals
Again not dangerous to wear, just wash your hands after handling if natural and don't go licking your stones.
You can put whatever crystals you like onto a bracelet if you're drawn to it. If it's toxic stones, it will most likely be polished or tumbled stones and those are quite fine. Try not to come from a place of fear, research your crystals and trust your gut. If you're unsure, leave it out.
I trust this will clear things up for you :)
Siobhan Gouws-Moller, from SGCrystalHealing
DISCLAIMER: We feel that crystals can complement other therapies and support energetic well-being. Crystals should not be used as a replacement for medical treatment. For medical advice, please consult a licensed healthcare specialist.
|Read more articles like this in the following categories:|