- CATALOG SLIDESHOW
- Crystal Jewelry
- Cut & Polished Crystals
- Natural Crystals & Minerals
- Tumbled Stones
- Guides & Resources
- Featured Articles
- General Articles
Working at my friends crystal shop several years back, I witnessed a most amazing site. It was amazing, I suppose, because I was new to the world of crystals and found a fascination in watching people intuitively choose what they needed. And because, the one whom I was watching that day, was an adorable three year old boy...
It was one of the sweetest moments I can recall. This young child walking into the shop, his eyes wide opened with anticipation and excitement. His grandmother gave him a free reign and allowed him to walk around by himself as she kept an eye on him from a distance.
He would stop here and there, picking up a tumbled stone, cocking his head a bit, putting it back down and walking to the next piece that caught his attention. Something certainly did catch it, for he walked over quickly and put the stone in his hand. And then, without missing a beat, he rubbed the crystal on his cheek. He was very intense as he did so. He smiled, then called his grandmother over. She stood beside him and when she leaned down, he said, "Feel this". He gently rubbed the crystal on her cheek to share whatever it was that delighted him so. His eyes danced with excitement.
It almost brought me to tears. This young boy totally accepting of the crystals energy, bonding with it in the most innocent of ways. But HE KNEW! I could see it, sense it, feel his joy. It was a day I will never forget.
As early as the day a child is conceived or arrives home from the hospital, those who appreciate crystals and their energies have introduced them into the child's life. Whether it be a mobile decorated with crystals or some crystals in a window sill. Each piece has a purpose and surrounds the child with vibrations of health, safety, love and joy. Try sharing some crystals with your children or children that you know.
Please remember to check the Crystal Cautions page to make sure that the crystal you are giving your child is safe. For instance, you would not want to charge water with Lapis Lazuli and give to a child, due to its toxicity. Make sure to use good judgement. Giving a small child a tumbled stone is a wonderful gift, but you would not want them to put it in their mouth and potentially swallow it, causing harm to the child.
When making crystal mobiles for a childs room, please keep out of reach, especially small children. They will be fascinated with the crystals, possibly trying to reach for them to pull them down, causing harm to the child. They may also try to put these in their mouth, causing concern for choking.
When working with small children and crystals, please make sure to monitor the activity at all times. The safety of the child is most important.
Most children are fascinated with stones. And as children, this is where many of you found your love of rocks and crystals. Embrace that fascination-encourage it and share what you know. You, too, will witness the amazing connection of child and crystal. It is one of the purest, most innocent and beautiful scenes you can imagine.
1. Healing Crystals Forum -
Learn more about crystals by visiting our community message board. Here are some sample articles and discussion topics:
- How to Clear your Crystals
- How to Program your Crystals
- Crystals for Ailments, Disease and other issues
- List of our favorite Metaphysical Crystal Guides
- Crystal Formations Information
2. Crystal Q & A - Post a question and receive an answer. This topic is moderated by Kristi Huggins, an author and project manager for HealingCrystals.com. Kristi's books include the Gemstone Healing Guide, A Healing Apothecary.
3. Free Crystal Divination Cards - Last year, we developed a set of Free Crystal Divination Cards that you can use on our website. If you are working on an issue, you can use these cards. Even if you do not own the stone that you pick, you can still connect with that stone's vibration and give intent to receive the healing energy that you need. To install these cards onto your website as a pop-up window or as a regular link, click here.
4. Metaphysical Crystal Directory - Here is our Healing Crystals Metaphysical Directory.
5. Crystal Article Archive - Here we list our Newsletter Archive and also hundreds of Articles about Crystals. If you have a question about what crystal to use, we also list our Crystal Recommendations here for others to read.
6. Crystal Book Reviews - Read a List of our favorite Crystal Books with book reviews. If your favorite crystal book is not listed on this page, please let us know.
7. Search for Crystal Information or for Products -
On our Advanced Search Page, you can search for the following:
- Search for Products by Name (or by description keyword by checking box that says Search in Product Descriptions)
- Search for Articles by Title (or for keywords in the content of the articles by checking box that says Search Article Titles & Article Content)
- Search Metaphysical Directory by Stone Name (or for specific keywords by checking box that says Search Article Titles & Article Content).
8. Crystal Wiki - We have just launched a new website: www.CrystalWiki.com. The Crystal Wiki is intended to be a collaborative metaphysical information resource similar to Wikipedia except that the Crystal Wiki focus will be on metaphysical information. We are devoting resources to this project as a free informational resource to the public as this is consistent with our Mission to "Promote the education and use of crystals to support healing". Since this is a collaborative project, you can help! If you would like to learn more about crystals or if you would like to join our team, visit the Crystal Wiki today!
www.HealingCrystals.com is owned and operated by Foundation for Balance and Harmony,
a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation "Dedicated to Healing the Planet, One Person at a Time".
Visit www.FFBH.org for more information.
The suggested uses and metaphysical descriptions of the inventory items are our personal opinions and should be used at your discretion. These suggestions are not intended to be used as medical advice. If you resonate and like our suggestions and descriptions, please use them freely. However, if you don't resonate or agree with any of them, please consider them for entertainment purposes only. We have done our best to represent the crystals and minerals accurately and chosen only high quality items that we would use ourselves. Please use your own intuition about what "feels" right for you.
|lovely information ..... I am looking to include my son in crystals and their effects as he has a natural curiosity for them so this is most helpful many thanks :) (Submitted by: funkyfairy on January 09, 2014)|
| Thank you for this wonderful article. I wondered are their particular crystals that are totally unsuitable for children? |
Thanks for your help :) (Submitted by: Katherine on November 25, 2010)
|Read more articles like this in the following category:|