Crystals and Archangels Series:
Part 1: Crystals and Archangels: Series Intro
Part 2: Crystals to help connect with Archangel Michael
Part 3: Crystals to help connect with Archangel Gabriel
Part 4: Crystals to help connect with Archangel Raphael
Part 5: Crystals to help connect with Archangel Uriel
Part 6: Crystals to help connect with Archangel Chamuel
Part 7: Crystals to help connect with Archangel Jophiel
Part 8: Crystals to help connect with Archangel Zadkiel
Epilogue: Crystals and Archangels Epilogue: The Lesser Archangels
Crystals and Archangels
Epilogue: The Lesser Archangels
By Sonia Acone
Despite the title, the archangels in this last installment of this series are by no means less important than the previous, greater archangels. The lesser archangels are still powerful beings in their own right. They are angels of specific energy forms and inspirational guides. Although their numbers vary, the following are the most common: Ariel, Azrael, Haniel, Metatron, Raguel, Raziel and Sandalphon. Some, like Metatron and his twin brother, Sandalphon, used to be human. Some of these angels have ruling planets while others, such as Raguel, rule weather phenomena. Each of the archangels however, has crystals associated with him/her. Be sure to click on the crystal's name to obtain further information.
1. Ariel is the archangel of Nature. This is another archangel who may be male or female. My intuition is going with female, but you can decide for yourself. Ariel means “Lion of God” and she is ruled by Saturn, the element of air and is best called upon on Saturday. Ariel heals animals, both wild and domestic, and generally all of nature. She is guardian over the nature spirits, such as faeries and elves, sylphs and undines. Ariel's associated crystals are Apatite, Agate (especially Moss and Tree agates) and Jasper (such as the Leopardskin and Dalmatian varieties). She is patron of veterinarians, breeders, archaeologists, civil engineers, and animal rescue workers.
2. Azrael is the angel of life's natural cycles – living and dying – and of journeys. He is ruled by Tuesday, the planet Mars and the element of earth. Azrael's name means “Whom God helps” and he is most often helpful during times of grief and bereavement. Crystals associated with Azrael are Yellow Calcite, Amethyst, and Purple Fluorite.
3. Haniel rules Fridays and the planet Venus, as well as the element of water. Haniel's name means “Glory of God” and he is the angel of the West wind, growth, love and healing (especially alternative medicine). He can be called upon for matters dealing with children, marriage, artistic endeavors, natural preservation and music. Haniel's crystals are Rose Quartz, Pink Calcite and Chrysoprase.
4. Metatron, who was formally the prophet Enoch, is now head of the Akashic Records, or God's archives. He is the angel of Thought. Metatron rules Sundays, the element of Fire and the planets Pluto or the Sun. He presides over all our guardian angels and often appears with a scroll and pen. Metatron, though an imposing angel, is quite gentle, often helping children who have passed over. He may be called upon when you are changing to a new path in life, learning opportunities, and helping children with learning disabilities. Crystals linked to Metatron are Sardonyx (which is banded Onyx), Mahogany Obsidian and Red or Orange Aventurine.
5. Raguel is the archangel of snow and ice. He also governs the behavior of the other angels. He carries a flaming sword that he may use to melt the snows of winter. Raguel's name means “Friend of God” and he creates harmony and understanding in relationships that may be experiencing discord. Raguel's crystals are Milky Quartz and Moonstone.
6. Raziel is the archangel of Secrets and the mysteries of life. His name means “Secret of God” and he is guardian over mystical knowledge. He often appears in shadow, as a misty fog and may be called upon for psychic learning, dream interpretation, the cause or root of an illness, spiritual understanding and using natural resources wisely. Raziel's planet is Neptune, his day of the week is Saturday and his element is Air. Raziel is patron of astrologers, scientists, clairvoyants, and even Secret Service workers. His crystals are Peridot, Apache Tears, and Aqua Aura Crystals.
7. Sandalphon was Metatron's twin brother, the prophet Elijah. His name means “Brother” and he is considered one of the Seraphim. Sandalphon is the archangel of Power and he oversees strength, prosperity and beauty. He gives us the joy of living and is also given the task of looking after unborn children. He may be called upon for issues concerning pregnancy, fertility and birth. Sandalphon also helps release emotional blocks, fear, guilt and aggressive tendencies. This angel is the patron of musicians, journalists, nurses, pediatricians and midwives. The planet Jupiter rules this archangel, as does the element of Earth. His day is Thursday and crystals linked to Sandalphon are Turquoise and Calcite (any variety).
I hope that you enjoyed our walk through the angelic realm of the archangels. It was quite a challenge for me, but the knowledge I gained in writing this series has been invaluable. If you're like me, you'll be keeping sticky notes all over about which crystal is linked to which archangel, etc. Remember this, though: if you don't yet have a particular crystal, don't panic. Clear Quartz crystal is a fine substitute. And always go with your “gut” feeling.
Asking the angels for help is something that brings them joy. It is, essentially, what they are here to do. And if you call upon an angel on a day of the week other than what is attributed to him/her, it doesn't matter all that much. After all, our concerns, illnesses, problems and fears don't pick a particular day of the week to manifest. If you want to call on an angel, please do so. And if you happen to see a feather on the sidewalk as you go to pick up your mail; a penny sitting on the basement stairs; a ringing in one ear or, as my son claimed recently, the fleeting “smell of maple syrup”, then the angels are listening and perhaps they have something to say. Sit down, get comfortable, be quiet and listen....
I would like to thank the members of the angelic realm who assisted me in the writing of this series, especially when I got stuck, conflicted, confused and ready to pull out my hair. Thank you for your guidance, especially Archangel Jophiel.
Posted on March 29, 2010
|Read more articles like this in the following categories: |
|Crystal Healing Articles|
|Crystal Reference Library|