Cubic Zirconia Rods from China
These are lovely rods of Cubic Zirconia that come to us from China.
Cubic Zirconia is a cubic translucent form of zirconium oxide (ZrO2). It is the man-made synthetic counterpart to diamonds that has become widely popular because of its lower cost. It is often confused with Zircon; however, Zircon is a zirconium silicate (ZrSiO4).
Lab created Cubic Zirconia is clear when formed, but the addition of trace elements such as Cobalt, Titanium, Cerium and Chromium can produce colors such as Red, Green, Yellow, Orange and even Purple. It is also not as hard as a diamond, rating an 8-8.5 on the Mohs scale, as opposed to a diamond, which is a 10 on the Mohs scale.
These Rods would make the perfect companions for color therapy and healing. They are available in 5 colors:
- Green is useful for healing, bringing luck or money and working with nature. Physically, green crystals keep the heart and respiratory system functioning properly as well as the immune system. They also help calm those that may suffer from anxiety, panic attacks and addictions. The color green is often associated with the Heart Chakra.
- Golden Yellow is attributed to communication, concentration and self-expression as well as skin problems and digestive system disorders. They offer a “sunny” outlook and can increase prosperity. Use the color yellow on the Solar Plexus Chakra.
- Pink is known as the color of love and a wonderful color to work with when you are looking to bring more love, compassion and gentleness into your life. It's also a great color for harmonizing any relationship, friendship or partnership. Physically, pink stones may help with any heart problems and providing support to the heart. The color pink is associated with the Heart Chakra.
- Purple promotes harmony, aids in meditation and reduces stress. The color is said to increase psychic awareness and inner wisdom. Physically, purple stones are great healing stones – relieving migraines, sleep disorders, asthma/allergy symptoms and problems from ear, nose and throat ailments. The color purple is often linked to the Brow Chakra.
- Red provides courage, vitality, will-power, passion and protection. Physically, red stones may help boost the immune system, aid in blood circulation and help with problems associated with the reproductive organs. The color red is associated with the Root Chakra.
For further information on man-made crystals, see this article: Treated, Heated and Man-Made Crystals.