This month, we continue our series on the Platonic Solids. Below is an article on the second platonic solid; the Cube.
Physical Qualities of the Cube
The Cube, also called the regular hexahedron, is the second of the five shapes. It contains 6 square faces, 8 vertices and 12 edges. Cubic shapes can be found in many structures including the natural formations of many Crystals. Popular examples of the Cube formation occurring in crystalline growth would be Salt Crystals (Halite), Pyrite and some Fluorites. Many other crystals are hand or machine shaped in order to utilize the energy of the Cube.
Platonic Solids are a set of five, three dimensional, shapes that date back to the Greek mathematician Pythagoras and later named after the Greek Philosopher Plato. The Tetrahedron, Cube, Octahedron, Dodecahedron and Icosahedron each have unique characteristics, in that the sides, edges and angles are all congruent. In other words, all sides are equal, the angles are the same and the faces are identical.
It was the great Greek Philosopher, Plato, who paired each of the platonic solids with a classical element (fire, earth, water, air, and ethers/Universe). He believed that these three dimensional shapes were the building blocks to the creation of everything in and around us. If you view a 3-D model of any of the elements contained in the periodic tables, you will see that each has a crystalline structure at the Atomic level made up of these Platonic Solids shapes.
Metaphysical aspects of the Cube
The Cube is associated with the element of Earth and corresponds to the Root Chakra.
The Cube sits flat, firmly rooted to its spot. Meditating on this shape will assist in grounding your energy, regaining focus, removing tensions and easing physical stresses. It will reconnect your energies to that of the Earth and Nature. You may want to use the Cube as the foundation to focusing your energies before beginning any type of healing or higher vibrational energy work.
Suggested Metaphysical Uses for the Cube
Experiment with different crystals formed in the shape of a Cube. For instance, work with a Quartz cube when you want to raise and amplify your vibrational energy. Use an Amethyst cube to access the intuitive energies, or Rose Quartz when working with the heart and Universal Love energies.
In our everyday activities, the Cube is a perfect shape to keep in a busy office. It will keep you grounded and calm while chaos may swirl around you. Cubed paperweights have always been a popular gift. Even unconsciously, we understand the mystical power of this shape.
Try putting a Rose Quartz cube in your car, especially if you spend a bit of time commuting. This will keep you in a tension free and love filled energy while driving the highways amongst other commuters.
For energy work, the shape of the Cube will allow you to remain grounded while exploring the higher vibrational energies. Many who achieve deep, intense meditations will keep a grounding stone near to attain a balance of energies. Readers and healers may do the same.
It is also a remarkable piece to use with children who have problems focusing. Place a grounding crystal in the shape of a cube under their chair while they do homework, or allow them to carry a Cube of Rose Quartz in their pocket.
Have a pet that is a bit on the hyperactive side? Wrap a Rose Quartz cube in a bandana and
accessorize your furry friend.
Closing Comments for the Cube
While the Cube appears to be one of the simplest shapes in this amazing group of five, it is also a great place to begin as you introduce yourself to the energies of Platonic Solids. The possibilities are endless, so have fun experimenting with a Cube and see where its energies take you.
Written by Kristi Huggins
Author for Healing Crystals.
Did you like this article?
Do you have any questions or opinions to share?
Visit our Healing Crystals Forum
- Ask questions.
- Post your opinions.
- Connect with others today.
In case you haven't seen these on our website, below is a list of Crystal Resources that you can use for FREE.
1. Clearing Crystals - Learn about different methods for Clearing your Crystals.
- Clear your Crystals now by just pressing a button!
2. Programming Crystals - Learn how to Program your Crystals
3. Free Crystal Divination Cards - Last year, we developed a set of Free Crystal Divination Cards that you can use on our website. If you are working on an issue, you can use these cards. Even if you do not own the stone that you pick, you can still connect with that stone's vibration and give intent to receive the healing energy that you need.
4. Metaphysical Crystal Directory - Here is our Healing Crystals Metaphysical Directory! Check out the nifty search feature where you can search for stone names or you can search for specific keywords in the description.
5. Crystal Article Archive - Here we list our Newsletter Archive and also hundreds of Articles about Crystals. If you have a question about what crystal to use, we also list our Crystal Recommendations here for others to read.
6. Crystal Book Reviews - Read a List of our favorite Crystal Books with book reviews. If your favorite crystal book is not listed on this page, please let us know.
7. Search for Crystal Information or for Products - On our Advanced Search Page, you can search for the following:
- Search for Products by Name (or by description keyword by checking box that says Search in Product Descriptions)
- Search for Articles by Title (or for keywords in the content of the articles by checking box that says Search Article Titles & Article Content)
- Search Metaphysical Directory by Stone Name (or for specific keywords by checking box that says Search Article Titles & Article Content).
www.HealingCrystals.com is owned and operated by
Foundation for Balance and Harmony,
a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation.
"Dedicated to Healing the Planet, One Person at a Time"
Visit www.FFBH.org for more information.
The suggested uses and metaphysical descriptions of the inventory items are our personal opinions and should be used at your discretion. These suggestions are not intended to be used as medical advice. If you resonate and like our suggestions and descriptions, please use them freely. However, if you don't resonate or agree with any of them, please consider them for entertainment purposes only. We have done our best to represent the crystals and minerals accurately and chosen only high quality items that we would use ourselves. Please use your own intuition about what "feels" right for you.