The weeks are going by so fast, it is hard to believe we are seeing the days grow shorter already! If you have not already, we would like to invite you to visit our growing community on Facebook, where we answer crystal questions, give recommendations on interesting web sites and articles, and hold several competitions each week, along with all of our day to day Healing Crystals news. We are at http://www.facebook.com/crystaltalk.
If you have any suggestions for us on how we can better serve you with products or information, please let us know. We're here to help!
Now, on to our newsletter...
Crystals for Boosting Your Energy
In the aftermath of extreme physical or emotional exertion, the effects of fatigue are sure to follow. Periods of tiredness can last a few hours or, in extreme cases, much longer. And, in today's trying times with stress bombarding us from all sides – work (or lack thereof), family, children (or teenagers, in my case), physical illness, finances – it may all seem overwhelming, and our bodies and minds will, eventually, come to the conclusion that they “will shut down in 5...4...3...2...!”
Fortunately, the battle over fatigue can be overcome. There are a number of crystals that can assist you and give you that much-needed boost of energy. Generally speaking, when faced with fatigue, choose stones that are associated with the element of Fire. This element is energy personified. You'll notice, also, that stones ruled by fire are often ruled by the Sun or the planet Mars and are almost always red in color. Mars is often known as the planet of warriors. If you want to combat fatigue, you'll need to think like a warrior. That being said, the crystals in this category are Ruby, Garnet, Red Jasper, and Amber. And because fatigue may also bring with it bouts of depression and/or insomnia, Amethyst and Green Aventurine are also on the list.
Ruby is a deep red crystal that is ruled by the element of Fire and the planet Mars. This powerful energizer increases blood flow, enhances stamina, and gives you renewed energy. Use it on the sacral or root chakra. Raw, uncut rubies are much less expensive and are perfect for this type of healing. Recharge rubies using a soft cloth to wipe them down with and placing them on a windowsill at night to be charged by the stars.
Garnet is a burgundy-red stone that is also ruled by Fire and the planet Mars. Placed on the root chakra, it can improve circulation as well and increase that sense of vitality you may be missing. This warming crystal can be worn or carried in a pocket (as with all of these listed crystals) and it can be recharged even on a cloudy night.
Red Jasper is “the warrior stone”. This red stone is, like Ruby and Garnet, also ruled by Fire and Mars. It is indispensable when you need to increase stamina, enhance circulation and give a great boost of energy to the system. It is associated with the root chakra and can be recharged by passing it through a red candle's flame.
Amber, the fossilized remnants of ancient tree resin, is associated with Fire and the Sun. This fiery, golden-orange “stone” recharges your energy levels by stimulating a more positive attitude. If your emotions are running rampant due to emotional overload, place amber on the solar plexus or sacral chakra to even out those emotional stresses. It can be recharged by placing it on a sunny windowsill.
Amethyst is a calming stone for those suffering from fatigue due to emotional overload. This purple crystal is ruled by the element of Air and the planet Jupiter. It's regarded as an excellent healing stone for emotional fatigue, insomnia and headaches. It also balances blood-sugar levels and has been known to recharge other stones. Place it on your brow chakra or under your pillow at night. Of course, it can be worn or carried. Recharge amethyst by placing in moonlight, as this stone should not be put in direct sunlight.
Aventurine, although green, is a wonderful crystal for clearing away negativity, increasing optimism and bringing about a more positive outlook. It's a more gentle energizing stone, but can still encourage a renewed zest for life. It is an Earth stone and is ruled by Mercury. Aventurine is used on the heart chakra to calm panic-attacks and anxiety associated with emotional fatigue. It can be recharged by putting it in amongst the leaves of a plant during the day.
Some of you may be wondering why the elements and planets are listed with the crystal descriptions. I'll explain. Each element – Earth, Air, Fire and Water – and each planet – from the Sun to Pluto – correspond to different energies, emotions, attributes, colors, etc. Fire, for example, is associated with the color red and is used for physical strength, stamina, protection, energy and courage. Water is blue and is used for healing, relaxation, sleep, and psychic abilities. Earth is governed by green and is used for grounding, peace, stability, fertility, money and gardening/agriculture. Air is yellow and is the element of communication, travel and all things regarding the intellect. I won't go into all of the planets here, but some of those mentioned in this article were Mars, the Sun, Jupiter and Mercury. Mars is for courage, passion, protection and strength and is ruled also by red. The Sun deals with physical energy, protection, healing and success and its color is gold or yellow. Jupiter is for meditation, spirituality, success and psychic awareness and its color is purple. Mercury governs communication, wisdom, self-improvement, study and travel, and its color is yellow.
So let's take some of our crystal information and put it to some practical use. You've decided to reduce your daily intake of caffeine; how are you going to get that daily dose of energy to get you going? Grab that delicious Red Jasper! You can wear it as jewelry, carry it in your pocket, or hold it in your hand when you feel your energy draining.
Another area you may need a bit of a pick-me-up is that afternoon burn out. You've had lunch, it's early afternoon and you're about ready for a nap. This type of afternoon slump can be alleviated with your crystals, rather than caffeinated drinks or sugary snacks. Crystals that are going to boost that afternoon slump are Ruby, Amber and yes, Red Jasper. Ruby and Amber are recharging stones, and will jump-start your system. Another one to try is Aventurine, which will add a bit of optimism to the mix.
Let's try a different scenario. What if you're having trouble sleeping? You're so fatigued, you think you could sleep for a week, but your mind won't shut down. Cup of warm milk or Chamomile Tea? Perhaps some calming music and a bit of meditation? Go for it. Rose Quartz and Amethyst will also bring a more restful sleep when placed under your pillow. These are calming stones that will greatly help those with overtaxed minds and bouts of insomnia. Another stone to help you relax is Blue Lace Agate that, when held in your hand, will help your whole body to relax. It will also improve the quality of your sleep, as will the crystal Iolite, which also helps with headaches, eyestrain and mental stress, by calming those overtaxed nerves.
So, whether you're a marathon runner or just running through the minefield of every day, I hope one or more of these crystals will enable you to combat your fatigue and bring you peace and energy.
Written by Sonia Acone
Question for Kristi?
- If you have a question for Kristi, Contact Us and she'll do her best to respond.
- Here, you can see some of Kristi's Crystal Recommendations
Looking for Quartz Points? See these categories for some great deals on wholesale quartz points:
Bargain Quartz Points - Just a few of our best-priced points.
Best Deals - Our picks for our "Best Deals" on wholesale quartz points.
Wholesale Clear Quartz Points - All of our wholesale quartz points.
Click here for a FREE CRYSTAL!
FREE RESOURCES on our Website:
1. Join us Facebook or Follow us on Twitter to meet others interested in crystals and for lots of great crystal information:
2. Learn more about crystals. Featured Articles and Information about Crystal Healing on HealingCrystals.com.
- Newsletter Archive
- Methods for Clearing Crystals and Cleaning Crystals
- Methods for Programming Crystals
- Ailments and Issues - Physical
- Ailments and Issues - Emotional
- Ailments and Issues - Spiritual
- Chakra Crystal Articles
- Astrology Crystals
- Sacred Geometry Crystals
- Crystal Formations
- Crystal Cautions - Toxic Crystals
- More Articles about Crystals
- Crystal Recommendations
3. Metaphysical Crystal Healing Guide Check out the nifty search feature where you can search for stone names or you can search for specific keywords in the description.
Favorite Metaphysical Crystal Healing Guides (from other websites).
4. Free Crystal Divination Cards - Last year, we developed a set of Crystal Divination Cards that you can use on our website. If you are working on an issue, you can use these cards. Even if you do not own the stone that you pick, you can still connect with that stone's vibration and give intent to receive the healing energy that you need.
Install Crystal Divination Cards on your Website today for free!
5. Crystal Q & A - Post a question and receive an answer. This topic is moderated by Kristi Huggins, an author and project manager for HealingCrystals.com. Kristi's books include the Gemstone Healing Guide, A Healing Apothecary.
6. Crystal Book Reviews - Read a List of our favorite Crystal Books with book reviews. If your favorite crystal book is not listed on this page, please Contact Us.
7. Search for Crystal Information or for Products -
On our Advanced Search Page, you can search for the following:
- Search for Products by Name (or by description keyword by checking box that says Search in Product Descriptions)
- Search for Articles by Title (or for keywords in the content of the articles by checking box that says Search Article Titles & Article Content)
- Search Metaphysical Directory by Stone Name (or for specific keywords by checking box that says Search Article Titles & Article Content).
8. Does your Metaphysical Business need a boost? We're developing a new website called Healing Profiles where you can post a profile page for your business for free and we will help you to market your products and services. Set up a profile page for your business for free and let us help to support your business.