This month, we continue our series on the Platonic Solids. Below is an article on the fourth platonic solid; the Dodecahedron.
Physical Qualities of the Dodecahedron
The Dodecahedron is the fourth in the series of the five Platonic Solid shapes. It contains 12 faces, 20 vertices and 30 edges. The Dodecahedron (along with its dual partner, the Icosahedron) is the closest of the Platonic Solids to mimic the shape of the sphere. Each of its faces are shaped in the form of a Pentagon.
Each of the five sides of the Pentagon could be said to represent one of the platonic solids. The number 12 is found numerous times in art, literature, music and metaphysical/spiritual connections.
Platonic Solids are a set of five, three dimensional, shapes that date back to the Greek mathematician Pythagoras and later named after the Greek Philosopher Plato. The Tetrahedron, Cube, Octahedron, Dodecahedron and Icosahedron each have unique characteristics, in that all sides are equal, the angles are the same and the faces are identical.
It was the great Greek Philosopher, Plato, who paired each of the platonic solids with a classical element (fire, earth, water, air, and ethers/Universe). He believed that these three dimensional shapes were the building blocks to the creation of everything—in us, around us and beyond.
Metaphysical aspects of the Dodecahedron
Plato described the Dodecahedron as the shape, "... god used for arranging the constellations on the whole heaven". Aristotle added a fifth element, “ether” and postulated that the heavens were made of this element. The Dodecahedron represents the aspects of the Universe (Divine Creation) and is connected with the higher chakras (6th, 7th and above), which hold the energies of meditation, awareness, awakening, higher consciousness and Spiritual Ascension.
The shape of the Dodecahedron is linked to the Higher Self/Divine/All That Is and is a perfect tool to use in meditation and connection with this Source energy. The energy held within the Dodecahedron will raise the holder/users vibration up to meet its own. This allows for a state of connection to Higher Self/Source.
Due to its similarity in overall shape to the sphere (much like its dual, the Icosahedron) the energy will be a gentle one, emanating from all sides in equal proportions. This is very helpful when using the Dodecahedron for healing or meditation, as the entire space around you is filled with this energy vibration.
Suggested Metaphysical Uses for the Dodecahedron
The Dodecahedron would be most helpful when raising the energy vibration is needed.
Hold a quartz Dodecahedron as you sit in silence to attain a deep meditative state. Readers of all types may use an Amethyst Dodecahedron to access the higher self/consciousness and receive information from source.
A Rose Quartz Dodecahedron can be used to let go of ego when it stands in the way of what is in the highest good for all. Understanding this vibration of “All That Is” may assist when the physical “being” is pulled into old programming/conditioning by ego. When your ego becomes an issue, simply sit with this Dodecahedron to move out of the ego vibration and into the true higher self. This allows you to observe the situation from a completely different aspect.
Use a Dodecahedron in your healing practice to allow your clients’ energy vibration to effortlessly open to a state of wellness and wholeness. This vibration will allow the flow of energies to go exactly where they are needed and infuse the client with health and well being.
Create a grid using the Dodecahedron. Use a combination of Rose Quartz and Green Aventurine tumbles placed in a circle around a Dodecahedron to fill your space (and beyond) with the energies of Universal Love and Compassion.
To access your Higher Self/Source, try placing pieces of Amethyst and Quartz in a large circle. Sit in the middle of this circle while holding a Dodecahedron. This is a powerful meditation vibration.
I would even suggest placing a Rose Quartz or Amethyst Dodecahedron under your pillow while you sleep. Many times information from Higher Self/Source is presented during dream time. Make sure to have a journal or tape recorder handy.
Closing Comments for the Dodecahedron
The Dodecahedron is an expression of life and consciousness, allowing us to go beyond the physical vibrations of the body and to reconnect with the higher vibration of our true nature.
Written by Kristi Huggins, Author for Healing Crystals
Did you like this article?
Do you have any questions or opinions to share?
Visit our Healing Crystals Forum
- Ask questions.
- Post your opinions.
- Connect with others today.
Click to see our Crystal Dodecahedrons
Bonus Article - Crystal Towers
Crystal Towers for grids, healing, meditation and in a space.
FREE Resources on our website:
1. Clearing Crystals - Learn about different methods for Clearing your Crystals.
- Clear your Crystals now by just pressing a button!
2. Programming Crystals - Learn how to Program your Crystals
3. Free Crystal Divination Cards - Last year, we developed a set of Free Crystal Divination Cards that you can use on our website. If you are working on an issue, you can use these cards. Even if you do not own the stone that you pick, you can still connect with that stone's vibration and give intent to receive the healing energy that you need.
4. Metaphysical Crystal Directory - Here is our Healing Crystals Metaphysical Directory! Check out the nifty search feature where you can search for stone names or you can search for specific keywords in the description.
5. Crystal Article Archive - Here we list our Newsletter Archive and also hundreds of Articles about Crystals. If you have a question about what crystal to use, we also list our Crystal Recommendations here for others to read.
6. Crystal Book Reviews - Read a List of our favorite Crystal Books with book reviews. If your favorite crystal book is not listed on this page, please let us know.
7. Search for Crystal Information or for Products - On our Advanced Search Page, you can search for the following:
- Search for Products by Name (or by description keyword by checking box that says Search in Product Descriptions)
- Search for Articles by Title (or for keywords in the content of the articles by checking box that says Search Article Titles & Article Content)
- Search Metaphysical Directory by Stone Name (or for specific keywords by checking box that says Search Article Titles & Article Content).
www.HealingCrystals.com is owned and operated by
Foundation for Balance and Harmony,
a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation.
"Dedicated to Healing the Planet, One Person at a Time"
Visit www.FFBH.org for more information.
The suggested uses and metaphysical descriptions of the inventory items are our personal opinions and should be used at your discretion. These suggestions are not intended to be used as medical advice. If you resonate and like our suggestions and descriptions, please use them freely. However, if you don't resonate or agree with any of them, please consider them for entertainment purposes only. We have done our best to represent the crystals and minerals accurately and chosen only high quality items that we would use ourselves. Please use your own intuition about what "feels" right for you.