Moon Phases & Crystals
Energetically cleaning/clearing your crystals is an important part of being a crystal care taker. Cleansing/clearing practices are as varied as the crystals themselves.
My all time personal favorite is to cleanse my crystals by the full moon's light. For me, as a Cancer (moon child and water element), this particular practice resonates deeply. Upon further reflection, I simply understood this process to work for me. I never questioned it. And as with all things, there came a point where I wanted to know more. Why is it a full moon, and not a new moon? What energies does the moon carry as it moves through the various stages?
And so my "Moon Quest" began. Let me share what I have learned.
There are Four main moon cycles: New, Waxing, Full, and Waning.
Let's start with the four main moon cycles.
New Moon- The New Moon is when the moon is lined up with the Sun, but out of our view from Earth, making it appear dark. Many believe that the energy of the New Moon is a time of transformation, new beginnings, an explosion of creative energy and personal growth. Many belief systems see the new moon as a wonderful time to perform rituals of blessing and healing.
Waxing Moon- The Waxing moon is simply when the moon appears to be gaining light and growing in energy. The energy of the waxing moon is that of manifestation and intention. This is a time to focus on new projects and ideas. What a great time to build a crystal grid dedicated to success, prosperity and growth.
Full Moon- Lunar energy is at its most powerful during the time of the full moon. The reason we clean our crystals by the full moon is because this extremely powerful lunar energy helps to remove all dense, stored up energies, washing the crystal clean (like the tides cleanse the beaches) and re-energizing it. It is a time of enhancing personal and crystalline energies. Many perform rituals of protection at this time.
Waning Moon- The Waning moon is directly after the light of the full moon has passed that the light begins to grow less visible each night. The energy of the Waning Moon can be used to remove those energies and issues that no longer serve you such as letting go of a relationship that may be toxic. It is also leading up to the new moon which can be a time of rest and energy restoration.
You can choose specific crystals to enhance your lunar cycle experience. For instance, during a New Moon, work with the crystal energies that can assist in the area of transformation such as Garnet, Petalite, Sapphire, or Lithium in Quartz. Utilize a crystal such as Labradorite to help you transition into a new project or event. It would also be a great time to work with the creative energies of Carnelian, Charoite, Peridot, or Phenakite. Create a grid one day before the new moon and allow it to remain for until at least one day (and up to two days) after the new moon.
The Waxing Moon would be a great time to wear your chosen crystal for abundance and prosperity, since this is the lunar energy that is present during this time. Crystals such as Green Aventurine, Malachite, Citrine and Ruby are excellent Abundance crystals.
The Full Moon is a time of cleansing. Not only a great time to put your crystals out, but a perfect time to smudge your sacred spaces. Place some crystals for protection around your home or healing space such as Black Tourmaline or Black Obsidian. Don't forget to take the time to energize yourself! Place some tumbled Amber or Rose Quartz into a nice warm bath and enjoy its soothing energies. It would be a perfect time to adorn yourself with your favorite Tourmalated Quartz or Ruby crystal pendant or other jewelry.
The Waning Moon is a beautiful reminder to rest, recoup, recharge. Crystals that carry an energy of unconditional love are perfect during this time as they are a reminder that taking care of the self is as important as anything else that you do. For if the self is not healthy and whole, you truly cannot be of complete service to others. This is a wonderful time to carry crystals such as Rhodochrosite, Rose Quartz, Rhodonite, Ruby in Fuchsite, Pink Kunzite and/or Danburite.
The Earth and its rotating moon hold many amazing energies. Tune in and enjoy!
with love and crystal blessings,
Author and Project Manager for Healing Crystals
More Crystal Recommendations
Click for a Free Crystal!
FREE RESOURCES on our website:
1. Follow us on Twitter or Follow us Facebook for free offers and lots of fun crystal information:
2. Learn more about crystals. Featured Articles and Information about Crystal Healing on HealingCrystals.com.
- Newsletter Archive
- Methods for Clearing Crystals and Cleaning Crystals
- Methods for Programming Crystals
- Ailments and Issues - Physical
- Ailments and Issues - Emotional
- Ailments and Issues - Spiritual
- Chakra Crystal Articles
- Astrology Crystals
- Sacred Geometry Crystals
- Crystal Formations
- Crystal Cautions - Toxic Crystals
- More Articles about Crystals
- Crystal Recommendations
3. Metaphysical Crystal Healing Guide Check out the nifty search feature where you can search for stone names or you can search for specific keywords in the description.
Favorite Metaphysical Crystal Healing Guides (from other websites).
4. Free Crystal Divination Cards - Last year, we developed a set of Crystal Divination Cards that you can use on our website. If you are working on an issue, you can use these cards. Even if you do not own the stone that you pick, you can still connect with that stone's vibration and give intent to receive the healing energy that you need.
Install Crystal Divination Cards on your Website today for free!.
5. Crystal Q & A - Post a question and receive an answer. This topic is moderated by Kristi Huggins, an author and project manager for HealingCrystals.com. Kristi's books include the Gemstone Healing Guide, A Healing Apothecary.
6. Crystal Book Reviews - Read a List of our favorite Crystal Books with book reviews. If your favorite crystal book is not listed on this page, please Contact Us.
7. Search for Crystal Information or for Products -
On our Advanced Search Page, you can search for the following:
- Search for Products by Name (or by description keyword by checking box that says Search in Product Descriptions)
- Search for Articles by Title (or for keywords in the content of the articles by checking box that says Search Article Titles & Article Content)
- Search Metaphysical Directory by Stone Name (or for specific keywords by checking box that says Search Article Titles & Article Content).
8. Does your Metaphysical Business need a boost? We're developing a new website called Healing Profiles where you can post a profile page for your business for free and we will help you to market your products and services. Set up a profile page for your business for free and let us help to support your business.