I wanted to try adding the crystals to my drinking water, but I'm not sure what crystals I can use. I have the ones that you just buy from stores (they have been polished). What's the best ones to use? Are they toxic? Do I drink the water from my bottle with them still in, or do I take them out? Can I wash them with detergent before I place them in so that they are clean?
Good Morning Krystal,
Charging water with crystals is a way to infuse the body with crystalline energies and can assist with many issues. I think you will find the experience to be empowering.
It sounds as if you have a variety of tumbled stones, which is great. They are small and work well. I think simply rinsing with water will work just fine. You can wash them with a very mild detergent, but make sure they are completely rinsed and dried before using in the charging process. You definitely do not want your water to taste like dish soap :)
I know of many folks that leave the crystals in the water bottle if they are clear quartz crystals. If they are tumbled or polished, I would recommend removing them after the specified time. I have known some folks to break out after charging water with various tumbles or using charged water for the face/body. Sometimes the tumble contains a polishing agent, or has little crevices where the mineral can leak out, which some folks may be sensitive to. So just be aware.